- 4 lbs skinless, boneless pork shoulder
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded & finely diced
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
Pico de Gallo:
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced for garnish
- limes for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together oregano, cumin, black pepper, salt & chili powder.
- Rub the spice mixture generously around the entire pork shoulder and place in the slow cooker.
- Top the pork with onion, garlic, jalapeno and orange juice in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker to a large cutting board and use two forks to shred the meat. (Do not get rid of the slow cooker liquid as you will be using it later)
- Place the shredded pork on a baking sheet.
- Pour 1 cup of the reserved liquid over the pork.
- Broil for 5-10 minutes on high heat until the meat become golden browned and crispy on the edges.
Pico de Gallo:
- In a small bowl, mix together white onion, cilantro, tomato, garlic powder, cumin and lime juice.
- Serve meat on corn tortillas, top with pico de gallo, sliced avocado and lime spritz.
Beat the heat with Crown Land White! The sweetness from the Gewurztraminer in the Crown Land white blend mellows out the heat from the spicy jalapenos!